Monday, May 31, 2010

About my tattoo






We lost Asher when I was a few days away from being 37 weeks (full term) It's still kind of hard to sit and write about. I planned on getting a tattoo for him when he was born, and sadly it turned into a memorial tattoo. I was trying to decide what I wanted. I know alot of people get their childs footprints, but I wanted something different. As I was sitting in his room looking through his memory box, through the tears I was holding the bracelet that he had on in the hospital. You know the ones that they wear on their little ankles and the mother wears one on her wrist to identify mother and baby belong together. At that moment the idea came over me and I knew I wanted to get my "mother bracelet" tattooed. We had the same numbers on our bracelets, and though he wore his, I never got to wear mine. I got it tattooed on his due date on April 29 2010 and is was a very theraputic thing for me. I am so glad that I have this bracelet tattooed on me forever, it has our numbers. We do belong together and I will wear it forever even though I didn't wear it in the hospital. I feel like I needed some physical peice of him as I had him for so long in my womb and then nothing at all. On the inside of my arm on the other side of the bracelet is his name. Asher. My first baby, I love and miss him so much.

2 comments:

  1. i have just started reading your blog, but have seen many of your posts on the babycenter boards. i just wanted to say i'm so sorry about asher. what adorable little feet he had! i regret that we did not think to get a close-up picture of our kenny's feet. i look forward to reading the rest of your blog.

    i also think your tattoo is very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so touching.
    I acccidentally stumbled across your blog because I have a son named Asher and I am getting a tattoo. I think its cool how you tattooed the hospital bracelets.

    ReplyDelete